Wednesday, September 10, 2008

and away we go...

It'd be nice if my first foray into Megan's blogging world consisted of something witty and amusing as my and your favorite blogger has been known to write, but for now it'll be just the facts, ma'am.

I, and Mom and Dad Lally just saw (er, rolled?) Megan off to meet with her surgeon and away we go. I'm now in the waiting room and thought it was time for my first update.

Megan checked-in right at 7:30. After a quick visit with Dr. McSteamy Tabooley, Megan was ready. Surgery is expected to occur from 9:30AM (which is right about now) until 1:30PM. Given the amount of anesthesia that will be administered it will probably be some time after that before Megan is out of the recovery room. We're expecting that Megan will spend the night, but the nurse who took care of all her paperwork noted that it will be more of a 'game-time' decision.

Megan has been in great spirits all things considered, but I don't expect you to take my word for it, so how about some photographic proof?



Here is my lovely Wife prior to surgery with a familiar friend you'll know from previous posts. Megan was especially happy to find out that her little friend, Bea, was also welcome into the operating room with her, as long as she was also 'checked-in'.


Here you can see Bea has been fitted with her own identification bracelet, which is by no coincidence identical to Megan's.


On a more personal note, I'd like to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, and so on. You have all truly been pillars of strength for Megan and I and it has certainly not gone unnoticed. Please keep it up!

I guess that's about all for now. I'll be sure to give at least one other update a little later in the day once I have more to share.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Thanks for the update Rusty. So glad that you have been Megan's pillar, she and we are so lucky to have you. We're all sure she'll do fine.

dawn said...

Rusty Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope everyone is doing ok !I know the waiting is the hardest part.I'm not very spritual but today ,my thoughts are prayers please give Megan a kiss for me.I'm glad you have someone there for you as well.thanks again Dawn