Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick Update

I forgot two things...

One, during the meeting with my oncologist we found that the tumor is less defined (good!) and it has shrunk to about 1.5 cm. In total, it's gone from 2.5 cm to 1.5 cm. The lymph node is about 1 cm, but I don't know what size it was before, so that's harder to get excited about.

Also, there was another bit of humor I could inject about my loud TV-watching neighbor. I said her cancer was worse than mine. It was like "I'll see your Stage 2B breast cancer and raise you an aggressive leukemia with neutropenia". (Mind you, none of this was actually said, I could just hear what her nurses were saying.)

Anyway, that's it for now. I've got a very busy weekend again, so I'll try to post as much as I can but I make no promises :-)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Megan:

Billy was talking to Frs. Tom and Gabe. He told them about the shrinkage in your tumor. And, although they were happy for you, they said that was not good enough and that they were continuing to pray for a complete disappearance of the tumor. :)

Love, Mom

Louise said...

Hi Megan,
It was great to see you this weekend. Thanks for letting us share your day. Are you in Chicago yet? Tell Jocey that we all say Hi. I am tickled about your tumor news. I totally agree with Frs. Tom and Gabe....complete healing and nothing less. This is a great start.
Love,
Louise