Thursday, August 4, 2011

Next

I had my pretesting appointment at Dana Farber on Wednesday, and I am happy to report that I am eligible to start the trial on Monday.  The liver number that counts for this trial is still in the normal range.  My other liver numbers have gotten a little worse (as expected), but the doctor felt comfortable letting me go the next 5 days without treatment so that I could start the next trial.

I am really pinning my hopes on this trial.  We really need to find something that works because I am definitely feeling lots more pain and tiredness.  It's hard to breathe deeply, because it causes a sharp pain in my right side when I try to take more than a shallow breath.  This makes it difficult to do some activities, like walk up stairs.  This is all very frustrating, but based on how I feel, I think I should know if we're starting to see results on the new meds.

Oddly enough, I have another comic to post.  It's weird, this guy never posts about cancer and now he has two in one week.  I thought this one was really funny, whereas the other one was more enlightening, and not really funny at all.


I thought this was cool.  And yes, I do have these badass tattoos from my first rodeo. :-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

So happy to hear you qualify. Best of luck with the new trial!

Jeanette said...

You're an A+ patient, Megan. I knew you'd qualify! Cheering for you!