Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Trial

I thought now would be a good time to give an update on the new trial.  I started on Monday.  I went to Dana Farber and had a skin biopsy on my right thigh.  I actually began taking the meds on Monday evening.  So far I haven't really noticed too many side effects.

I have some mild dry skin.  I have been pretty tired (nearly nodding off at work!).  I have also been in a fair amount of pain over the last few days.  It's all over the place.  Sometimes in my right shoulder, sometimes in my center abdomen, sometimes on my right side.  I'm hoping this is the tumor cells dying a horrible death.

On Monday evening I begin with the heavy hitter - the drug that is supposed to make me really tired and sick.  But, I've heard that it goes away pretty quickly.  We shall see.  I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I have a mental picture of the lemmings (alias cancer cells) climbing up to the top of the T Bone shaped tumor and falling off into oblivion after being killed by the drug. :)

K said...

Hi Megan- Happy to see your update and that the new treatment is under way. You continue to be an inspiration :) As always, I will continue to check in on the blog, waiting for further updates!!
-KellyG

Jeanette said...

I love your Mom's imagery!