Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've been LOST...

In case you haven't noticed, I've been a little absent lately. After the initial shock of being diagnosed has worn off, my life has kind of gotten back to normal. I haven't had much free time. So, what have I been doing all this time?

One thing I've been doing lately is watching LOST. To those who don't watch it, this might sound pathetic. Rusty and I kind of discovered it and started watching from the beginning a few weeks ago. At first we were watching it through Netflix, which meant that we had a limited number of one-hour episodes in the house at any given period of time. I could still actually do other things then. Then we discovered how we could watch them on our big screen TV using Rusty's laptop. Big mistake.

Yes, I've been spending a lot of time watching TV. But not just any TV. If you've never seen the show, it's hard to understand. I like it because it's like a whole other world that we're watching - a bizarre, confusing, intriguing world. I don't think it's a coincidence that my life "got back to normal" when we started watching it. It makes me think about something else for an hour, which is impressive! Something that can hold my attention and make me not think about cancer for a full hour must be very special, indeed.

Rest assured - this will soon come to a screeching halt once Rusty and I get caught up to the end of Season 4, which we just began watching (SO NO SPOILERS!!!). This is as far as the TV show has gotten to date, and then we'll have to wait until next season to watch it like the rest of the world. I can't wait.

Bad Robot!

2 comments:

Mom said...

We all have our shows. I've mentioned it to you before, but I watch Dr. Phil frequently. I guess it reminds me how fortunate I am that I don't have the kind of issues that the guests share on the show.

Love, Mom

Melissa said...

My guilty pleasure TV show?
(Ok, don't laugh) Re-runs of the Golden Girls

:)