Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Posts and Megan's Interment

I've decided that I need to continue to post until all of the details of the days leading to Megan's passing are well-documented. In April of 2008, when Megan was first diagnosed, there was much Googling performed to get some sense of what to expect about the path ahead of her. The information that was found was very much valued, but varied greatly in technical breadth and depth, and the first-person accounts were few.

As her treatments began, Megan was blogging to communicate her health updates with loved ones, but the blog was initially marked as private. Although a "login" was not required, Google and similar sites were not regularly indexing the site, and thus the content was not searchable. After treatment of her primary diagnosis, Megan decided to make the blog public so that others might read, and learn from her first-hand experiences when performing exploratory Internet searches just as she had once done.

It is this desire to add to the written-record of experiences that others can draw from that compels me to continue writing. I apologize in advance, as this could be too much information for some of you, but I need to do this to hopefully allow someone else to learn from these experiences and also to complete the already well-documented journey that Megan began three and a half years ago.

I have written much of this, and in the coming days I will begin to post. In the meantime, I leave you with a few pictures. I hope posting these is not considered in poor taste, but I wanted to share how beautiful Megan's plot looked on the day of her Interment (Tuesday, September 13) and the day after. This is at Hope Cemetery in Worcester, and if you would like directions to her plot, just let me know.

 A permanent marker will adorn this plot in the near future. For the short-term, a temporary marker provided by the funeral home can be seen.




Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that continuing to let others know what Megan dealt with will be a service to many people. It will also serve to honor Megan and continue her mission.
Thank you,
Patty

Anonymous said...

Thank you so must, Rusty, for doing this. I look forward to your future posts.

Marybeth

Anonymous said...

Working on the project for the domain name. I love you lots, and pray for you often. Hope to speak with you soon. Thanks for keeping the blog up. Celine

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rusty. You are answering some of the questions that I have had. Please know that you are in my thoughts. Hugs, Marlena

Anonymous said...

I now live in Arizona but read of Megan's difficult path. I followed her path with breast cancer. My best friend went down the same path. She lived her last few years very close to Hope Cemetary. I am going back to Worcester in a few weeks. I walk in Hope Cemetary often. It is a beautiful place to contemplate life. Let me know where her grave is. I will walk by and stop and reflect on her life and just say "Hi".