Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm home!

Sorry to all of you feed readers out there... I accidentally created a blank "I'm Home" post.  Here's the real one.

So, I am home from surgery.  Things were running a little late at the hospital, but I was running a little early!  I woke up out of anesthesia very quickly and I went home shortly afterward.  The pain isn't too bad so far.  I just feels like someone took sandpaper to my boobs, but that could actually be considered an improvement on the left side, considering I haven't felt much on that side since the mastectomy :-)

I have my first post-op appointment with the plastic surgeon on Wednesday.  Originally, it was going to be Monday, but after the surgery they said they wanted me to come in on Wednesday.  Not sure why, but I think maybe they just want to monitor the donor site.

After we left the hospital we made a quick stop to Chipotle.  All day without dinner - I needed a burrito, STAT.  It was soooooo delicious.  And I didn't even feel bad about it because I haven't eaten all day.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the well wishes, the happy thoughts, the prayers, and the warm feelings.  I will keep you posted in the days ahead.

No comments: