Friday, January 15, 2010

Captain's Log

Day 4 from the couch.

The native is getting restless.  It's been several days since I've left the house, aside from my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  I haven't showered since Monday morning, though I did wash my hair yesterday and took a sponge bath.

I've mostly been sitting on the couch, since I can't do much physical activity.  I have to make sure my chest is well protected and doesn't get bumped or pushed, and I can't move my legs too much or else the stitches will pull.  I've been working from home (and eating) during the day and knitting at night.  It's so hard to just sit at home all day with nothing to do.  I am so looking forward to going back to work!

It's so ironic that I'm doing all this to feel better about myself and how I look in the mirror, and right now I look like a tragedy!

I don't mean to complain.  I know this is all part of the process, but it's so odd to feel so good and be able to do so little.  I can't wait until I am back to life and yoga.

No comments: