Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And the Winner Is...

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!!! If you know me and my beer, that shouldn't be much of a surprise. It's my favorite beer of all time.

On Monday evening, I did a little googling. I figured, since I already decided to have my first beer the next day, let's look up why I shouldn't have had it in the first place. Big mistake.

Now, before you call me a square, know that this isn't one of those "alcohol should be avoided" types of medications. I was taking metronidazole (Flagyl), and when they say not to drink alcohol they're not joking. I read that you should even avoid things like mouthwash.

So, in my googling, I read that after you finish the antibiotics you should wait 3 days before drinking alcohol. THREE DAYS! What's a girl to do when she's been pining for beer for so long? Well, I looked up the side-effects and determined on my own that the way to approach this was to pretend I hadn't googled the information, drink lots of water, and have half a beer yesterday evening (over 24 hours after my last dose) and see if I had a problem. I did not, so I had the other half. Phew.

In non-alcohol-related news, I'm kind of happy about the early radiation thing now. I like that my incisions will get a chance to heal before we go expanding too much, and I'm also happy that I'm not having to deal with the discomfort of healing from surgery and the discomfort of expanding the tissue all at once. Of course, I'll look weird for much longer, but I guess I'll feel a lot better.

One more thing - Phish is coming back in March!!! The joke around the house is that I'd give my left boob to see Phish again. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was pulling for Sierra Nevada! Mine would have been Wachusett Blueberry. But let's hope I never have to part with that beer for reasons other than geography.

Melissa said...

Yay for being able to drink beer again!

I'm with your sister on the Blueberry :)

Keep healing!
-Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hooray for beer! I think mine would have been a Guinness.

Megan, I've always known you were pretty cool, but you amaze and inspire me! My thoughts are with you!